Sunday, September 06, 2009

food and health care


Went over to our friends Jackie and Stephen yesterday. Had a great time conversing with them and their guest and Stephen is a fantastic cook.

  • turkey-burgers
  • hamburgers
  • vegieburgers
  • chicken
  • roasted vegetables
  • corn on the cob
  • mixed salad
I get hungry just writing about it.

Our two main topics of conversation were health care and newspapers (since we all have our roots there). We all lamented how each year our health plans would increase and fewer services became available. We remembered the old days when we didn't have to have a primary care doctor and could see any doctor we wanted. I'm no longer receiving private insurance and because of my disabilities (I'll get into that some other time), I'm receiving Medicare. Now I can get any doctor I want, as long as I can pay the 20%. I have supplemental coverage for that, which I pay quarterly.

Given the circumstances of my friends more than myself, I am in favor of Universal Health Care. Besides themselves, they have two kids to worry about.

No comments: